TYPES OF SOLAR HEATERS
There are basically two types of water heaters:
- THERMOSYPHON TYPE (natural flow): Most suitable for domestic applications, this type of solar water heater operates on the principle that the hot water has a lower density than the cold water and thus has a tendency to rise. Due to this natural phenomenon the water circulates from solar collector to storage tank by natural convection.
- FORCED-CIRCULATION TYPE: In this type of solar water heater, water is pumped from the collectors to the tank. This type of system has a greater control on temperature output and is thus ideal for commercial and industrial establishments where hot water requirements are high.
- Available in the range of 100/125 liters and above, to suit the needs of both domestic and commercial users.
- Can heat water up to 60 to 85 deg C depending on the ambient temperature.
- Selective black-chrome coating for solar collector with STUCCO finish Aluminum back sheet.
- Inner tank made of a special grade corrosion resistant stain stainless steel.
- AS PER IS: 12933 ISI
- Adjustable Thermostat with thermal cutout for weather proof in-built electrical heating back up to provides hot water even during cloudy days.
- Indium activated special grade- sacrificial anode for protection of solar collector and tank from galvanic corrosion.
- All components of the system are corrosion resistant.
- 100% GE Silicon sealing are leak proof joints.
- South facing, shadow free area with minimum height of bottom of overhead tank at 6 feet above roof level.
- Hardness of cold-water input should be less than 200 ppm. Suitable unit to prevent scaling in hard water applications is recommended.
- Usage piping and cold water inlet piping from OHT to SWH extra at actual to be borne by the customer.
- A site survey is recommended prior to purchase of a solar water heater.
HOW ECONOMICAL IS OUR SOLAR WATER HEATER?
Kamal solar® water heater gives amazing savings. The payback period is generally between 2-3 years depending on the power tariff and extent of usage. So you can reduce your electricity bills substantially, resulting in long term savings.
Kamal solar® water can deliver hot water even during the night, as the storage tank is well insulated. They are designed for all weather conditions, work equally well even in winters. When solar radiation is at a minimum the in-built electrical back up heater can take care of your hot water needs.